A courier tracking system is a software application that allows customers to track the status of their packages in real-time. Here’s how it typically works:
- A unique tracking number is assigned to each package when it is shipped.
- The courier company scans the package at different stages of its journey, such as when it is picked up, arrives at a sorting facility, and is loaded onto a delivery truck.
- The tracking information is sent to the courier company’s server, where it is stored in a database.
- The customer can access the tracking information using the tracking number, either on the courier company’s website or through a mobile app.
- The customer can see the package’s status in real-time, including its location and estimated delivery time.
- If there are any delays or issues with the package, the tracking system will show this information to the customer.
Overall, a courier tracking system provides customers with transparency and peace of mind, as they can track their packages throughout the entire delivery process.