This coverage is against loss of or damage to the goods by theft or accidental means (except as provided in the exclusion) whilst in transit:
- in or on or being loaded on or unloaded from any road vehicle.
- or whilst temporary housed in the ordinary course of transit whether on or off the said conveyance within the territorial limit.
On lawful General Cargo (non-hazardous) and / or no fragile nature inclusive consumer goods, general industry machinery and equipment, except the following goods category :
- Antiques / work of arts, all valuable items such as jewellery, precious metals, precious stones, currency, stamps, coins and similar kind.
- Highly attractive / target goods – computer, mobile phone, smart phone, iPad / tablet, valuable watches and cameras, valuable perfumes.
- Livestock and / or bloodstock.
- Highly breakable / fragile – Chinaware, crystals, earthenware and glassware.
- Dangerous, explosive or inflammable nature cargo.
- Temperature control goods / refer cargo.
Shipment within Malaysia
- Exclude rusting, Oxidization, Discoloration, Denting, Twisting, Bending and Scratching unless caused by insured perils
- Exclude mlectrical or Mechanical derangement unless caused by insured perils
- Exclude mysterious disappearance, Unexplained loss in weight/wear, Tear, Moth, Vermin, inherent vice, Gradual deterioration or loss due to faulty nature
- Exclude pre-existing damages
Excess Terms (Deduction amount payable)
Below RM 1,000.00
RM50.00 on each and every loss
Example: Item value RM600.00, Amount payable by insurance company is RM550.00 after deduction.
Between RM1,000.01 – RM10,000.00
RM250.00 on each and every loss
Example: Item value of RM1,000.00, Amount payable by insurance company is RM750.00 after deduction.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q: How much is the insurance premium and what is the limit of liability?
A: Insurance premium is 1% from goods cost value or minimum of RM1.00 with SST 6% apply and the limit of liability is RM10,000.00 per shipment.
Q: Is the additional insurance coverage available for all delivery services?
A: No. The additional insurance coverage only applicable for Matdespatch same day delivery service and Pos Laju delivery service.
Q: How much is the insurance premium?
A: Any product value below RM400 will be covered at premium of RM1.00 per consignment note. Any product value above RM400 will be covered at premium of 1% from goods invoice value. SST 6% apply.
Q: What is the limit of liability?
A: RM10,000.00 per shipment.
Q: Can I purchase the insurance coverage after shipment booking?
A: No. You need to purchase insurance coverage during booking by select addons insurance coverage in the booking forms.
Q: Do I need to declare description of the goods?
A: Yes. You need to give specific goods description such as brand, specification of the goods, colour and etc.
Q: When will I receive the cover note?
A: We will process your insurance and send copy of cover note to your registered email immediately after booking confirmation.
Q: I cancel my shipment, can I cancel and get refund for the purchased insurance?
A: Yes you may cancel your purchased insurance before the delivery commence. We will process the refund and transfer to your bank account within 14 working days.
Q: What should I do in the event of loss or damage?
A: You must notify us thru email with full details of the incident / accident within 48 hours from information received or goods received. Early notification is required to avoid any prejudice to your claim. If theft and / or injury to third party, make a police report immediately.
Q: How to submit a claim?
A: You must submit your claim with all supporting information and documents as requested to us. Documents include photocopy of IC or passport, copy of invoice of the goods, copy of consignment note, copy of cover note, picture for damage cases and police report for theft cases. You will requires to give full cooperation to the surveyors / adjusters appointed by us in assessing your claim.
Q: When will I received the claim reimbursement?
A: Upon received your claims documents, you will receive a letter of offer or rejection it it’s does not fall under policy condition from the insurance company within 3 working weeks. Upon agreement, payment will be made within 1 working week.
Q: What is excess means?
A: Excess is the amount paid by you and this amount will be deducted from the final amount payable from the insurance company if the claim falls under the policy condition. (Refer example on Excess for sample of calculation).
Q: Who can I contact to check on the claim status?
A: You may reach us at Live Chat or email to [email protected] You also can contact Zurich General Insurance Malaysia Berhad call centre at 1-300-888-622.